Monday, July 28, 2008

Long Day, Lots of Pain

So as some people close to me know, I had dental surgery today. Well that didn't go the way it was supposed to. To spare the disgusting details that I unfortunately got to witness, not much got done. The post from the broken tooth was removed through a hole drilled into the back of said tooth, and that was pretty much it. After an hour the Dr said that he couldn't finish so left the back of the tooth open. How open could that be you might ask, well the post was put in following an emergency root canal 10 years ago. So said hole goes all the way up to the top, fun stuff. So I was ok, I mean the Dr said one month and he will close it, just fine I can do a liquid diet for like 1 month. Oh if only it were that easy. There were no appointments available until...get this...Oct 6. Yeah so like just over 2 months of open hole tooth. The first day has gone terrible, but Kyle bless him has been so caring. I have been moody and mean and crying since the freezing came out, and lots of periods of sleeping. But he has been trying to get some foods that I am able to eat without hitting that freshly open tooth. I am however thinking that even though I don't trust Tylenol or any medicine it may almost be time to think about something for the pain. However Tylenol, or any pain medicine, will knock me out for 3 days at a time. Kyle would enjoy such peace and quiet around here! I shall be off to lay back down now....I am just happy to have my blankey and Bluetooth right now to cry into and suggle. The new bear updates will come maybe later this week...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, Laura, I'm so sorry! :/
Is there anything I can do for you?
Seriously, anything.. I guess making a meal wouldn't be helpful. What kinds of things can you eat/drink without hurting your tooth?
If there's anything I can do for you, I'd really like to be able to help. Whether that's now or in a few days or whatever, just send me an email or give me a call.

Janice said...

I am so sorry about your tooth! I know the frustration of having to wait FOREVER to be seen by the doc again. I'm so sorry. It's great your hubby is taking care of you!!!