Friday, September 5, 2008

An Angry Post

Ok so I have been trying to be funny Laura again, but from time to time I get angry about things. This time I have a really good reason. A few posts ago I talked about how we had these kittens at the trailer that were very tame and very cute. We raised these cat, which were ferrel however we had been feeding the mother, also ferrel, for sometime and she had grown to trust us to help with the kittens. So that being said they are about 2-3 months old, and completely fine for an indoor pet. How could I possibly know this??? Well for years people at the park have been taking them in as pets, Mamaz for example took 1 in last year that was very sick and nursed it back and Onyx is now a very happy cat who lives very much so in the house (the odd time she got to go out with Browning). So what to do with such kittens?? Other than me myself taking them home, since Kyle said that wasn't going to happen even after Mamaz and I tried to convince him for 2 weeks. We needed to take them to the shelter so that a happy family could adopt and love them the way they REALLY wanted so much to be loved (I have never seen a ferrel cat that would hop on your lap and cuddle and want to be petted). So Mamaz with tears for her little friends that she took such great care of, put them in a carrier and brought them to a local shelter (I will not name names). This shelter had taken the other older ferrel cats a few weeks before, so why not put them with their mom and other similar cats. So Mamaz left them at the front and said she wanted to look around, upon looking she seen NONE of the other cats. When asked they said they killed them all for the simple fact no one wanted black cats. They assured Mamaz that these kittens were totally adoptable. Now almost 2 weeks later, no sign of them. They have also all been put to sleep. When Mamaz told others in the park about this disgusting shelter a neighbour said he dropped off kittens there several weeks before and they told him upfront that they would kill all these young helpless kittens. That is just sick. If I had known what kind of fait was to befall such small creatures I would have told Kyle I could care less for his rules and taken at least 1 home with me.


Sometimes I think I could just hurt people who are like that with animals. So after hearing all this Kyle and I decided that when we have our own home we will be a Humane Society Foster Home. I told Kyle that my family would be complete with 4 kids (2boys, 2girls), 2 dogs (black lab and weimaraner), and 5 cats (blacks and torti's are my preferance). However he doesn't like a house that full so I can be a foster mom to animals that need me.


I look over at my Sugar Petals and wonder how people could be so cruel to such innocent and loving creatures. Last night Kyle and I were talking about it and we are told (I am not an accurate scripture rememberer) that if we do it unto the least we do it unto Jesus; and I posed the question to him what is more low than an animal (not to say they are any less of anything than a person), so people should take care of animals and respect them.


Anyways that is my rant for the day....yeah that should do.
Can you look at this face and think "oh well you are black so you should die, no one wants you"?

No comments: