Friday, September 5, 2008

Quilts






So at the beginning of the year I started to make a quilt intending on it to be a year long project as my mother in law, Sylvia, said that it would take forever to cut so many pieces of fabric and sew it all together. I knew it would take a long time and I was FINE with that, something to keep me going during the year when there was nothing else to do. I guess we under estimated a Barton's talent and super human sewing abilities as I was finished in 20 hours. That wasn't even just 1 quilt that I made, I made 2 fronts but still have yet to find a fitting back to the Princess one. I love my quilt, it comes with me EVERYWHERE, seriously if you know I am going somewhere new or sleeping over somewhere you will find that quilt packed neatly into it's suitcase (Kyle found this cute suitcase full of Little Mermaid stuff so he bought it for me, it matched my quilt so he figured I would love it, and I do). Now don't think that the quilt could ever replace my Bluetooth, he is there too. So what happens when I went to my sisters birthday party??? My cousins fall in love with the quilt (as everyone who has seen it has) and ask where there's are. Well with Christmas around the corner (yes I am throwing that out there, I love Christmas, I think it starts as soon as I can convince others that it is around the corner) I have decided that since my favorite gifts are the homemade variety that everyone shall get a homemade gifty. Now don't think that I am giving this away, everyone already knows what they are getting as I have not a clue what colors I was going to use and such. Anyways so my parents are getting PJ bottoms (I already know I am getting scotty dogs if possible for Mamaz as she loves that pattern). My sister Jessica, and cousins Sarah and Kaleigh are getting quilts. I have officially finished the pattern for 1, it has only taken me all year to figure it out. I have had these patterns made up and sitting here blank of color most of the year. However I am waiting till the American post-Thanksgiving sale to come on as the material I am using is normally $6 but is apparently going to be on for 99cent a yard (yes I quilt and use the imperial system, I grew up so close to the boarder I know nothing of metric). I am so excited about these quilts, especially the one I have finished the concept for. Oh and as I am spilling on the material front, this week I took a big step in the new bear front and bought the material off ebay. Yes ebay, Mamaz and Sylvia could hardly believe me when I said that. I will find out if any of the quilt recipients actually read this, and if not I will post the concepts. For now I will post my concepts and finished quilts.

No comments: