Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Art

I was home over the weekend for my father in laws birthday. Kyle and I has spent nearly all of our weekend over there with the new empty nesters (which don't like being empty nesters as much as one would have thought). However Monday night we got to go back to my parents for a little bit before having to make the big drive home. We had bought a sleeping bag liner for my uncle to go on the annual Barton men's hunting trip, so we dropped it off and he said he would pay us back later when he was over at my parents place. So when that time came my cousins Kaleigh and Aaron (aka the biggest cousin, I think he stands something along the lines of 10 billion feet tall and only weights 100 pounds). Anyways Kaleigh said she had something she made for me, which surprised me because I am usually not as close with her. Anyways she had to do an art project where she had to take a picture and cut it out into a clay stamp and then use it to make stamped pictures. She explained that she couldn't find a simple enough picture but remembered that I had given her a picture of Sugar in a Christmas card, so she found that and used it. The pictures she gave me are so amazing. Kyle and I have been looking for some art to put up and here is Kaleigh giving us some awesome pictures that will match our apartment (which she has only been to once so I am not sure if she would even know what colours our apartment were) and they are of Sugar, which will no doubt make her continue to believe that it is all about her.

No comments: