Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Summer Vacation



So for our long weekend we did as most every person does, we went on vacation. So it started out just as any other weekend, markets. It wasn't too bad of a day, and Kyle even got to work at my stand. I did however get a sunburn on the back of my legs. We sold 700 of the 720 masters of fruit that we brought up. So you know a master is a box that holds 4 3liter baskets of fruit. Anyways my mom was there working as well. It was a good day. We got to the trailer that afternoon and it was so relaxing not to have to drive all the way home. My mom said that she would be going to town on Sunday morning to get some rubber sealer as the roof was leaking water. So Sunday came and once again too far for church so I slept while Kyle sat on the swing on the deck and read his book. Quite a nice start. But that is where nice stops. Mom had hosed off the roof and got all the rusty water on my car which was parked behind the trailer. I started to wash it off with a washer thing that Aunt Barb gave me when Kyle decided he had to come and overlook what I was doing. However I am smaller than him and able to fit much better under the windows, needless to say he hit the sharp edge of the window just inside his hair line. He wasn't even mad, but said he though that he cut his head and went inside. I followed after a couple minutes to see if he was OK.....BAD CHOICE. He was bleeding EVERYWHERE. It was running down his face and hands and arm as he held the cut. I am not good with blood, nope not at all. So I had enough in me to go back out and tell mom that Kyle hit his head and was bleeding a lot and barely made it back inside to the couch to die. Mom couldn't get off the roof so she yelled to the neighbour Jerry to come help and he came in asking if I was OK (apparently I looked scary white). I told him Kyle was in the bathroom (and for reference that bathroom term is loose, it is a door you open to a 4' by 6' room like closet). So he brought over the first aid kit and made sure Kyle was OK and then bandaged him up. As he left I could hear him say that someone should watch me as I didn't look too good. I had been near the bathroom but hadn't caught myself in the mirror. Kyle said when I seen the blood even my freckles disappeared, and my lips lost all their color and I was really white. Apparently I was whiter than all the dead people he has seen! So that was it for my day, getting that white takes a lot of energy and I was left weak and tired by such an ordeal.

Monday. Ah Monday, an extra day of vacation for all. This marked my sisters move back to school. However unlike the last 2 years she was not moving back to Hamilton to attend McMaster, she moved to Belleville to attend Loyalist. I did not know how far Belleville was (and still kind of don't as I slept the way there and the way back). So we unpacked her stuff into a basement apartment and had lunch together at A&W, then it was time to say good bye. Now we had already decided this weekend that I was heartless and cold so it didn't surprise anyone that I was pushing so hard to leave fast. However it was a shock that I barely got in the car before crying "I want my sister, I miss her too much". Mom told me to sleep since I don't think she could handle my crying even harder after she made a joke about the people chopping my sister into bits and eating her. I am still sad and wish that she would have gotten in at Conestoga so she could live with us.

We drove home last night at 8:30 and got home just after 11. Kyle has today off as well, but I think he is going to use it to recover from such a crazy weekend.

No comments: